Monday, November 8, 2010

The Answer: Starting PG for Beşiktaş Cola Turka!?


I am not mad at all - Allen "The Answer" Iverson has arrived in Istanbul to resume his professional basketball career. Larry Brown expressed regret that no NBA team would hire Iverson and players around the league were baffled that he couldn't get a contract. I for one am pleased that he has taken his talents overseas - it should be a good experience for him and I guarantee the highlights are going to be awesome. As much as I want to see him back in the L - let's see what he does in Turkey. Iverson has promised the Beşiktaş Cola Turka fans "something they haven't seen before." No sh*t Sherlock - we all know it could get ugly but no matter what it's going to be spectacular.

Here's awesome video of Turkish fans welcoming Iverson at the airport:



Bonus: Jewelz time!
Allen Iverson as Jewelz with his debut single 40 Bars circa 2000 A.D.

40 Bars - Jewelz (Allen Iverson) by White Kong

4 comments:

  1. well my friend i don't know if i love the move but it is always good too see him get a chance to play no matter.but i also think it show's how little respect david stern has for A.I,or the league.their is no way some one can tell me their's no room for him in the l.regardless,i'm still happy he's playing and maybe he might get his drive back and be ballin with the big boys next year!"40 barz"we both can agree that track is BADD!
    another good post bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex - I agree with you that the situation is less than ideal. I'm sure David Stern and Allen Iverson are not on the best terms. However there was definitely a place for him in the L if he had been willing to take a serious pay cut - Miami offered him the vet minimum but Turkey is paying 4 million with practice exceptions! 40 Barz is a beast of a debut song. Thanks for the input my man! Stay tuned for the feature-length pieces in the next weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank gawd for Yeti Kong and his fabulous blag yo...I've read every post (can't say that for any other blag!

    A I in Turkey!? It is crazy that the L no want him...but I'd play in North Korea for that Turkey cash.

    Keep'em coming Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessir Irvine - here are some more tidbits to tide you over as I try to compile an intelligent wordcount

    ReplyDelete