Friday, December 10, 2010

Month 1 - State of the League Address

The ‘10-‘11 NBA season is just over 1 month old - here are my ruminations

Eat my bullet-points part deux (pause):

  • Landry Fields is vying for Rookie of the Year (best rookie in November) - Who woulda thunk it?
  • The Kanix are decent - I'm holding my breath waiting for the spoiler(s) - Let's Go Knicks!
  • Sith Lord Stern bought the New Orleans Hornets - if I was Dell Demps I would make all types of luxury tax trades and make the NBA pick up the tab...seriously how does this work?
  • Antoine Walker joins the Idaho Stampede - drops 13 points and 1 technical foul in first game back (welcome back to nowhere bro)
  • Blake Griffin is still Rookie of the Year (see Mozgov facerape below)
  • The Heat are small - but still better than every other East team not named Celtics
  • There's the Lakers and there's the rest of the West - fast forward to Finals
  • The Pacers are going to make the playoffs?! (prolly not tho)
  • The lockout is looming large - I want to be a scab player - where do I sign up?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did Raymond Felton become the second coming of...well nobody has been played like this for the Knicks in awhile. He came into camp fat and out of shape and now he is like a hybrid Rondo-Nash. What I meant to say is...I have always loved him since the days of feeding a (basketball not turkey) hungry Sean May. Also, I have never lost faith in the Knicks nor hung my head in shame and jumped ship in becoming a Van Exel / Finley inspired Cuban Mav lover. How about that 11 game win streak for Dallas though that fire has to put them and the Spurs at 2a and 2b in the West. Suppose a healthy Bynum renders it all moot. Kobe looks old. I said it. Josh McRoberts is the real MIP.
    BEST THING EVER - (from the first free darko book) - Walker, Antoine - Despicable fat guy who likes to shimmy.
    Sincerely, #27 (I wanted #3 and that was what they gave me instead).
    PS-I shoot a lot of 3's man (aka blog jacker mcgee).

    ReplyDelete